- Proven solution for patients who suffer from neck pain and/or headaches
- Highly reliable for cervical extension strength testing and dynamic variable resistance training
- Isometric testing can be performed every 3° through the normal 126° range of motion
- Safety features include dual weight stacks with a stroke length of only 1.5 in. during a full-range dynamic contraction
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 63″x48″x66″
- Weight: 1,570 lbs
The MedX Cervical Extension Machine is an effective, proven solution for patients who suffer from neck pain and/or headaches. Because the cervical muscles must continually support the weight of the head, headache and neck pain are common clinical complaints. These ailments often originate as a result of muscular weakness or traumatic injury.
The Medx Cervical Extension Machine is highly reliable and specific for the quantification of isometric cervical extension strength testing and dynamic variable resistance training. Isometric testing can be performed every three degrees through the normal 126 degree range of motion. Validity is achieved by effectively stabilizing the torso to achieve cervical extension muscle isolation. Counterbalancing the mass of the head is performed to ensure accurate torque assessment by eliminating the effects of gravity.
This machine features dual weight stacks with a stroke length of only 1.5 inches during a full-range dynamic contraction. This short stroke length reduces internal friction and lowers the risk of impact forces. Weight can be selected at 3 inch pound increments from 30 to 900 inch pounds of resistance.